Beef Genetics and Genomics
What is eBEEF?
eBEEF is the beef genetics/genomics community of practice with eXtension. Our mission is to foster a research and outreach community, engage beef cattle producers and ag professionals through trainings and publications, and support research and outreach projects.
2018 NBCEC BrownBagger Series can be found here
"Brown Bagger" Webinar Series
Recent Changes to Genetic
Host, Dr. Bob Weaber, Kansas State University
- Single Step Implementation using marker effects models – Dr. Bruce Golden, Theta Solutions, LLC
- Stayability and sustained cow fertility – Dr. Bruce Golden, Theta Solutions, LLC
October 17 –
Novel Trait Development
- Genetic evaluation for PAP – Dr. Scott Speidel, Colorado State University
- Water Intake: testing period and animal variation – Dr. Megan Rolf, Kansas State University
- Ms. Kelli Retallick, Angus Genetics, Inc.
- Mr. Shane Bedwell, American Hereford Association
- Dr. Jackie Atkins and Ms. Leoma Wells, American Simmental Association
October 31 –
Decision Support Tools
- Index 101 and beyond – Dr. Matt Spangler (University of Nebraska – Lincoln)
- 2019 Beef Improvement Federation Annual Meeting Invite – Representative from South Dakota